We have achieved important professional successes in the defence of different groups and companies, given the limitations arising from the indiscriminate application of regulations in this sphere, which slash the rights of these groups without any compensation.
Examples of such successes include the annulment obtained from the Supreme Court of Decrees governing the zoning and management plans of Natural Parks and plans on the regulation and protection of species habitats. We have also had successful cases relating to LIC, ZEPA, ZEC, Red Natura, Directiva Habitats and others.
Our activities in this area have even included:
– Appearances before the European Commission to defend affected groups.
– Participation in the drafting of proposed regulations which consider the needs of different affected groups
– Preparation and assessment for parliamentary appearances on the subject.
Our work has led to notable successes when dealing with government bodies in civil claims brought against Autonomous Communities, winning:
– Declassification of public domain
– Declarations on the private ownership of wilderness areas included in the Catálogo de Montes de Utilidad Pública in favour of our clients
We have extensive experience, with very positive results, on forced expropriation for the construction of public infrastructure, ranging from annulments of the procedure to claims for fair price.
– Town planning
– Rural and forest paths
We also have wide-ranging knowledge and experience in cases involving waters, mines, quarries, hunting reserves, in applications for and granting of concessions, their management, and penalties.